Covered by Hitachi’s lifetime lithium ion tool warranty, and built with a heavy-duty industrial grade two-piece motor, this hammer drill is capable of any task you put it to.
Designed without a cord you can freely move around and are not restricted to a single place. Its variable speed trigger works with precise drilling and lets you make adjustments according to your needs. It is light in weight and exhibits fade-free power.
The DV18DSDLP4 18-Volt Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill is built to handle all sorts of tough jobs, especially in tight spaces, and is provided with a two-speed gear setting to match the appropriate speed for the application at hand.
- It comes with an industrial grade two-piece motor
- Its torque limit is 814 in./lb.
- It has a single sleeve ratcheting of ½” metal keyless chuck provided with a carbide jaw
- Its 22-position clutch comes with both drill and drill-hammer mode
- It is equipped with an aluminum gear case
- It is provided with metal belt hooks so that you can keep your tools close at hand
- It has a bright LED light to increase visibility in case you are working in an enclosed space
- Its externally accessible carbon brush comes in handy to manage quick and easy maintenance
- Its responsive variable speed trigger provides complete control during operation
- It comes with an optical trigger switch which aims to provide a more variable responsive speed actuation, and displays its wear-resilient assembly trigger
- With its large in./lb. strength, you can use it to handle the toughest of jobs
- It provides maximum bit grip, and you can conveniently manage swap-outs
- Provides you with the ease of properly setting its torque to match the application
- Exhibits maximum durability and strength
- It is light, weighing only 4.8 lbs.
- It takes a slide style battery
- It is more durable and lasts longer than any of its competitors
- With its robust gearbox, it is strong but inexpensive, as compared to other products on the market
- It has three times the total battery life than that of a traditional battery
- In order to provide downtime, its battery level indicator displays the amount of power remaining in the battery
- It comes with a four-way electric toggle speed and two-way switch speed
- Its case seems overly large with lots of wasted space
- It does not have a holder for either a Phillips or a flat driver
- Some find the trigger hard to control for low-speed work
- Power can be deceptive and can cause overtightening if you are not careful
Even though it is used for such heavy-duty tasks, it is very light. Its clutch allows you to adapt for the low torque applications. It finds great use for those who work in the industrial sector.
The DV18DSDLP4 18-Volt Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill comes with a brush version which is preferred by the installers as it lasts longer than the brushless ones which spin faster and may experience trigger failure necessitating it having to be repeatedly sent for repair. Its 22 torque settings along with a drill mode provide ultimate precision.
Its ½” keyless ratcheting chuck is handy for quick and simple bit replacements. It comes with a limited lifetime tool warranty and a 2-year battery warranty.
The DV18DSDLP4 18-Volt Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill can be used to do any heavyweight task like boring large holes in wood or drilling into concrete, for assembly of furniture or for hardware installation. Its drill can house different multiple heads for screws and will be an advantage for any development.
Its versatility of acting as a drill, driver, and hammer comes in handy for the home user, and it is light enough that you can hang it on your belt and you will feel no additional weight. It is known for its unbreakable nature. And with all its uses, it is still cheaper than others.
It is recommended to get a 3 Ampere/hr. or higher battery for drilling while using hammer drill because it is very quick in draining a 1.5 amperes per hour battery. Anyhow, the deficiencies are largely overshadowed by its great proficiencies.